Saturday, January 01, 2011

Summer, Winter and a New Year!

What an amazingly busy couple of months! First it was off home to meet my niece and celebrate Father turning the big six-o.

It was great coming from a rather cold start to winter and landing in 20degreesc plus weather; wonderful to catch up with friends, and meet a new boyfriend of one; sharing time with family - especially the nephews and niece (even if they can be little scally wags at times, though weren't we all at that age!).

Not so wonderful was seeing the damage that the big quake did to my home city - quite saddening to walk pass chimney less houses, vacant sections where a building once was, propped up historic buildings and twisted bridges. Though is was good to see people getting on with lives, though having to wait for insurance approvals and payouts sure must be starting to grate a bit.

It was then back from 29degreesc to landing at zero, yes a big fat zero! It was wonderful to be collected from the airport by Mr S with my big puffer jacket though, toasty! It was fabulous to have a decent amount of snowfall - coming back from the shops with my red coat pure white and about three centimetres of snow on my hat! Not so great was the trouble all the fluffy white stuff caused to travelling, chaos! Luckily I still managed to make it to work, or was that unluckily, though increased my journey time by about forty-five minutes! Ahh well at least I had good books to read and the wonderful Mr S managed to pick-me up from work a couple of times.

And finally, seeing in 2011 at my favourite club, where I met the delectable Mr S, was a great finish and start of the years! Good to see some of the old faces still going, and dancing away with Big Ben chiming in the new year - wonderful! Not so wonderful were the folks not deodoranted up though, ugh, gross - come on folks you know that you're going to be bouncing around all sweaty like - please use the anti-smelling stuff, ick!

If my bouncing fun time celebrating in the new year was anything to go by, 2011 is going to be fabulous, bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home